I think Becky is an amazing person!
She is a great sister and an amazing runner. She has been my work out partner ever since I moved here to Utah.
We run with our jogging strollers roughly 3 miles, 3 days a week. Not to mention Becky is 20 weeks pregnant and can still out run me on any given day. Some of you might say, 3 miles no problem what are you complaining about. But this run is no ordinary run. We live on top of a mountain. A big one! (Such a hard run without pushing a ton of weight)
Her motivation to run is mind blowing. I simply do not have it. I honestly do try with the help of my Ipod and "Keep holding on" by Avril Lavigne. But, I simply do not enjoy running as much as her. I do it, to get back in shape after baby #3.
My choice of workout would probably be Body Combat a kickboxing class and Body Pump (of course, for those of you who don't know. I teach it or at least I did in Cali.) LOVE Body Pump! So without it, it has been so hard here because the closest Body Pump class to me is in SLC. To far to drive, to workout, or teach. Not to mention gas prices, but thats another story.
Becky the other day asked. "Megan do you want to add on some more mileage to our run?" I was like. "No Beck, I am good with what we are doing."
Holy Cow! Right. I know. I don't know how she does it. Amazing.
Another day, she says. "I just don't feel like running today. My body just aches."
So I am thinking in my head. Ok Meg you can do it. I am going to stay ahead of Becky today.
Honestly, What was I thinking. Here comes the big hill that I always die on. I thought I was doing good. But then all of a sudden here comes Becky just flying up behind me on this hill with her jogger, Passing me in the wind.
Kallie turns to me and says. "Mom, come on! Catch up to Becky."
In my head. I wanted to flick her on the head and tell her to get out of the stroller and help push up this hill. But I didn't say that. :) I said. "Kallie, I can't go faster. We will catch up to her in a little bit"
So Becky this post is to you. You are my Shero! Way to go girl, You rock! You motivate me to push myself everytime. Props to you!
4 comments:
Ok first of all let me clarify. Megan kicks my butt on all of the down hill and the only reason why I can beat her on the incline is bc I only have 2 boys...Megan is pushing a tripple jogger! Yes its like 4 ft wide with 3 kids in it. The girl is amazing! So props right back at ya Megs. However I do like being a Shero :)
Wait. . a TRIPLE jogger? I didn't even know they made those. I am really impressed with both of you. Getting me to jog is like pulling teeth. Plus it's 105 today. Whatever. Way to go!
First, hooray! You have a blog! You cannot know how often I wonder about you and Jim! I love that guy and miss him.
I had a blast reading up on you guys. Of course you are as beautiful as ever. And your kids! My word, gorgeous!
Where are you guys now? Last I hear it was pal springs?
Great hearing from you!
i love your new display picture megan. That is gorgeous...but honestly you are not allowed to move back to California. bc now that I have you you cant ever leave me. it would be very detrimental! i promise so dont do it :)
Post a Comment