Monday, May 4, 2009

3.4.5. I'm Alive!!

2 weeks ago.
We had planned this wonderful vacation around Jim's travel with his job. That way we could expense the trip. You get it? Basically making it free with the gas and staying at his parents house in Mission Viejo, CA.

Well we made it out to Cali safely, no harm. So Friday, we are on our way to Disneyland with Jim's parents. It was so fun... Busy I mean crazy packed busy, but non the less still FUN!

That next morning (Sat at 5am) I wake up with a headache. An awful headache! Needless to say I never get headaches. But I had one that wouldn't go away. I took Tylenol, Advil, Ibuprofen. NOTHING!!

Then Saturday passed. Enduring a suppose to be fun, Lake trip and group date night, if I didn't feel so darn bad.

Sunday morning didn't come soon enough with this awful headache, I just hurt all over and could not get warm. It was 1am in the morning now and I just couldn't sleep. So I go down stairs with chills and all, Jim's dad is downstairs and he was watching the Laker game. He knew I was not feeling well right away, so he phones the on-call nurse. Of course she says, Megan you have had a headache for over 15 hours. Don't you think you need to go to the doctor ASAP. So great, we wake up Jim and head down to the ER. (UGH) I did have a 103 degree temp. So they gave me Tylenol.
But we waited

and waited

and waited to be seen. The doctor wants to do a spinal tap. He wants to rule out Meningitis. It came back normal. Thank goodness. So then he tells me I have a virus. That's it.

6 1/2 hours later. I get to go home.

Just when I think it's getting a little better. Sunday I start getting Migraines. Like bad from a scale of 1-10... a 10!! Every time I stood up I would get one. So I laid in bed all day long not feeling good. Not eating even. I couldn't, it hurt so bad.

So Monday comes around (again not soon enough) it is only getting worse. I feel like CRAP!! I then start feeling nausea. Along with nausea I have diarrhea. (I know, right, so not fun) Now I feel like I am going to die. I have never felt so bad in my life.

It is Monday afternoon. Jim takes me to a Insta Care. My head is just pounding. I have to lay on the floor it hurts so bad. So then of course they get me in right away.

I get 2 painful shots of morphine in my hip but the Dr. still doesn't know whats going on. She suggests I go to the ER right away and get a cat scan done. (UGH) please no... not the ER. They take forever!!

Well this time they let me in right away. (I guess Dr. Offices don't like it when you lay down on the floor) Smile.

Fever - Check
Dehydrated/weak - Check
Bad Migraines - Check
Cough - Check
Runny nose - Check

What the heck is wrong with me??? Well again, It is a VIRUS!! Stupid Virus. But this time my migraines came from side affects of the Spinal Tap. Stupid Spinal Tap! I will never get one of those again.

Meanwhile, Cat Scan - Normal

They tell me, it is common for individuals to have their bodies take a while for the blood to clot the hole right away and spinal fluid leaks out causing the migraines every time I stand up or sit up. ( Oh gee, Thanks you could of told me this... yesterday. You Punk!) I guess only Anesthesiologists know this information.

Now, I can look back and joke, Swine Flu?? Your guess is as good as mine but I did have pretty much all the symptoms. (High fever, headache, fatigue, cough, sore throat, runny nose, nausea, diarreah and body aches)

So finally, after a extended stay in California. A painful 11 hour drive home laying down in the backseat. I am alive. I am finally over that stupid Virus. Whatever it was?

And now as you can imagine my hands are raw. Raw from washing them every second of the day. But it doesn't matter because now...

After a week of awefullness. I FINALLY FEEL GOOD AGAIN!!

Special Thanks to Jim
Dave and Sue
Everyone from church who brought me yummy meals.
and last but not least
Becky for helping me beyond measure when I couldn't take care of myself.

9 comments:

Ammon and Tasha said...

I am so glad that you are feeling better! that just sucks that you were that sick! so what you have to do now is take a retake of your trip to cali so you can atleast anjoy it this time!!! being sick TOTALLY sucks but it is even WORSE when you arent in your own bed!! glad to hear that you are finally feeling better!

Stacy W. said...

Good grief Meg!!! Who could have known that dinner out that night would have ended in such trauma! I am so sorry about all the pain you were in! that is horrible. You were being such a trooper that night too. Glad you are better. geez.

Beck said...

Aw Muggers I love you! You know I would do anything for you. I dont think I ever felt so close to losing you before. I was freaking out. Seriously Isaac getting Cancer made me realize nothing is stable EVER. So I didnt know if you would get better. I was SO scared. Im so happy you are back to your fun self. I missed my sister!

Now we can get back into shape together. Finally someone at my pace...thats what Im talking about. We are gonna rock the road races this year. Runners watch out the Munden girls are on your tracks!

Kari said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better! Yucky, scary and so hard when mom gets sick!!

Kendyl said...

So scary! Glad you're better! Now, come back to CA and have a REAL vacation sans sickness!

La Ron said...

Megan, how horrible. That must have been so scary for you. I am glad that you are feeling better. I hate that you were sick your whole vacation. Were you at Disneyland last Friday, May 1? If so we were there that day. I think you need a vacation redo.

Alysa@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

What a scary virus. It sounds awful. What a bummer to be sick on your trip. Glad you are over it and hopefully nobody else got it. Hang in there girlie!

Mike and Shelby said...

That is HORRIBLE! I am so sorry. I never had a migraine until I was pregnant with Brooke and they were AWFUL!!! Anything and Everything made it worse. All I could do somedays was to lay down in a dark dark room with no noise and put a cold wet washcloth over my eyes. Again, I am so sorry you had such a yucky virus...or whatever it was.


...and glad you are over it now!

Holly Mount said...

I just found your blog---and finally I get the whole story of your illness! I can't believe all you went through. Thank goodness you're better :)