Thursday, February 26, 2009

Yummy Fruit & Veggies

Photobucket

I am so stoked right now!!
Today I picked up my first set of fruit and vegetables with this coop thing by our house.

Background: This lady Allison has created this veggie/fruit coop every Thursday. Meaning she gets tons of fruit and veggies wholesale and sells them to whoever wants them every Thursday. It is becoming so popular you have to call her and get on a list. She likes to see people eat healthy so she does it for nothing. AWESOME?! Why yes it is!

You can't get any better, then cheap YUMMY fruit and veggies!

I purchased a half share for $5 and got. (It is different every week)

3 oranges
3 apples
2 bags carrots
1 big green leafy lettuce head
4 tomatoes
2 onions
3 bananas
2 peachs

You can purchase full shares for $10/week and I don't know exactly how much more they get. Probably just double what I got. But so awesome and so yummy. I came home and the kids couldn't wait to dig in.
Love that!

Want more info? Email me. It is a steal of a deal!

6 comments:

Luvnbnamom said...

Okay that is awesome! I want details! I would love to do it too!

Ammon and Tasha said...

Yes I want the details! we are on this healthy kick ha ha still trying to lose the baby weight and fresh fruits and veggies are sooo yummy!!! so cool that lady does that!

Natalie said...

I'm interested in this...sounds like a great idea. Are you still doing your workout sessions at the Stake Center? Not that I could come, my hubby is out of town a lot, but maybe once in a while.

Mike and Shelby said...

WOW, that is a steal! Fresh fruits and veggies are the best!

Beck said...

That picture does make me want to eat healthier :) Instead of being one of those girls who clip skinny girl pictures out of magazines I should clip from grocery adds and tape vegetables all over my refrigerator. haha!

Sarah said...

count me in! call me with the details! Becky knows my #:)