Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Windy City


CHICAGO here we come!

I was able to go with Jim, his boss Scott and his wife Taryn to Chicago. Jim and Scott attended an Ear, Nose, and Throat Conference for work. (Lot's of nerdy Doctors) Taryn and I just happened to tag along for free. It was very nice!!

Special thanks to Sue, who watched all 3 kids for a week. Thank You!

My bags are packed, and ready to go. But something is missing... my babies! Especially my little Blake. Whom I have never left before. It felt so wierd not having the double stroller and diaper bag attached to me all week.

Yet, while I missed my children, Jim and I really enjoyed ourselves. It is always nice to spend time alone with Jim. To reconnect and enjoy each other's company as adults, with no kids to interupt conversation. It was Fantastic!!

Our Hotel



The view from our hotel. It looked over Navy Pier and Lake Michigan. So beautiful!!





Wrigley Field. GO CUBS!





Michigan Ave. "The Magnificent Mile" (Oh, the best shopping strip ever!)








Oh how I love the Daly boys and their obsession with fast and fancy cars!



SUNDAY. Taryn and I took a half hour cab ride to the nearest church. It turned out to be Stake Conference, so we then took another half hour ride to the Stake Center. Luckily, we made it just in time for the meeting to start. It just so happened that Elder L. Tom Perry was there and spoke to the members. It was so awesome to listen to a twelve apostle in person and to meet him. Well worth the hour long cab drive and ridiculous cab fee.



The National History Museum








Millineum Park and the famous BEAN!







Kitty O'Sheas Irish Pub



Lake Michigan is so so so beautiful! I was bummed, the one day we went down with the camera it was overcast. I had ran this path a couple days prior and it was clear, blue skies and just gorgeous. Definately my favorite run thus far! (I know, can you believe I actually enjoyed running for once)







Chicago Style Pizza! YUM!





10 Pounds later! It is good to be home. But Chicago is a hard city to beat! It was great food, clean and lot's of great shopping. Well worth a visit. It was a blast!!

15 comments:

Casey Jensen said...

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

Sarah said...

What a great get-a-way! I love little vacations, I always come back a better mom, the little break away from the norm makes a huge difference! Glad you guys had such a great time!

Ashley and Ezra said...

Okay, now I'm jealous... I've never been to Chicago!!! It looks like you guys had so much fun! I guess I better put that on the list of places I want to go!

Mike and Shelby said...

How fun for you! Seriously, a week without kids in a cool city to enjoy with the hubby-I can't even fathom it! Lucky you!

And I have to agree...Chicago Style Pizza-WAY YUM! You can't even call it pizza compared to what were used to eating.

Looks like you had a great time, love the pics.

Beck said...

You look so beautiful in all of your pictures Meg. Im sure it was so much fun to get away from "Mommy life"...but while you were gone Blake absolutely loved his Aunt Becky! :) So you should be a little jealous of our new bond. haha!

La Ron said...

Trips with your husband with out kids is the best.It looks like you guys had a fun trip. All those runs must have worked... You look great.

Anonymous said...

So glad you guys had a fun time! I love Chicago. . . all the amenities of a big city but it somehow has so much more charm. If it didn't snow so much I think I'd move right now! How fun for you!

Jenie said...

I'm so happy that you were able to get away with Jim for a few days, although a little bit jealous too. :) Cody and I have been talking about how long it's been since we've done that. It's a great way to appreciate your husband and your kids a little more. You look GREAT! I wish I could say I was still running...not so much. :) I'll have to get going because Brit wants to run the Thanksgiving Day run this year so that will give me motivation. What a great trip for you guys! Still miss you but hope we can see you over the holidays or something.

Kendyl said...

Nice to get away for a few days! Glad you had lots of fun...one day I plan on visiting Chicago, it looks like a cool place! See you in a few days - aloha!

Holly Moore said...

That looks like the coolest business trip ever! I'm so glad you guys had fun. Also, the pictures of the harbor were awesome. Don't you wish you had a boat? I never knew there was so much to do there. Maybe Jarom and I will get around to visiting Chicago some day. By the way you look great!

Ammon and Tasha said...

How fun to be away with the hubby for a few days without kids! I also love that you actually published that you love to run now!!! That is awesome - see now I can say "I told you so!!!":) A year ago you wouldnt have believed me! It looks like you guys had a great trip!

Crazy Mama said...

I am so jealous - that pizza looked GOOD!! I am so glad you guys had a great time.

Anonymous said...

Lucky. That is one city I have never been to but want to visit. Looks fun and beautiful! I'm jealous!

Steve.Jeana.Preston said...

I LOVE Chicago!!

It looks like you guys had SO much fun, and now you get to go to Hawaii!!

Thanks for having the shower at your house! You did a great job and it was so much fun!

I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to add you to my blog:0)

Lewis Family said...

Love your blog, I'm glad you had fun. We're glad your back, we missed you at volleyball!