Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Kallie's First Day Of School





Ever since moving to Utah, I feel like our family has been blessed in many ways. One of them being Kallie starting Kindergarten all over again. Definitely I feel it is a blessing in disguise. But still a blessing!

Last year, Kallie had gone to kindergarten in CA for half the year. Then moving to Utah put a damper on kindergarten. Of course, at first I was very upset that she missed the deadline by 3 lousy days. So she went to preschool instead and had to wait for the next year for kindergarten.

Well, that day is here... finally! Kallie was so excited to go to school and ride the bus. (Which I never would let her do in CA) Plus, she has her cousin Tyler in her class. They play so well together and have become the best of friends.

I am so grateful for that little bump in the road. Kallie is now older and has a little bit of a head start, not to mention her cousin to do it with her. It was just meant to be. I truly feel like everything has finally fallen in place!

10 comments:

Missy said...

My neice is gorgeous. I love seeing pictures of them going to school together. That is so awesome. I miss you guys.

Audry said...

You'll be glad that you had to do that. Madisen was forced to wait and I am so glad that she was. It gives them the upper hand. She looks so cute with her hair like that.

Mike and Shelby said...

I was so sad when we moved here too when I found out Lauren missed the cut off. She starts NEXT year when in CA, she would have started this year. I was really irritated, to say the least...till I realized I had one more year with my first born AT HOME WITH ME! You'd think having been a kindergarten teacher, I would have realized this blessing right away!

One more year to "grow up" is never a bad thing and I am glad it has worked out that way for Kallie too.

Beck said...

Of course everything is falling into place. You finally live by me! Now if only we can talk the rest of our family into moving to UT. Someday...

La Ron said...

Kallie looks so cute heading off to kindergarten. What a big girl to ride the bus. We live to close for Saylor to ever get to ride the bus. That will be fun for you and your sister having your kids in the same class. Living by sisters is the best.

Kendyl said...

Kallie looks ADORABLE! It will probably benefit her in the long run to be the 'older' ones in the class. Have fun in school, Kallie!

Anonymous said...

Yeah for Kallie! So glad it all worked out! I remember it was so stressful for you at the time and now. . . .perfect. So happy for you guys! :)

Anonymous said...

First, happy belated birthday! Second, hurray for a great new school year. That does sound like a little blessing. how fun to be in school with her cousin. I would have LOVED to go to school with Jimmy. (just had to call him that... :)

Ammon and Tasha said...

I love the pic of Kallie and Ty Ty - they are soo grown up!! I still cant believe that they ride the bus to school by themselves everday!

Perley Family said...

Kallie is SO cute and SO grown up! I think it is so cool that she and Tyler are in the same class. How fun! I hope she is loving it!