Thursday, August 14, 2008

I am the boss!

Life just isn't that fair for Kallie and Brooklyn these days.

"Why do you get 3 oreo's?" or "Why do you get to have Root Beer for dinner?" Without hesitation my anwser is always the same, "Because, I am the boss!"

Yesterday, Kallie being the little inquisitive kindergartener that she is, got me into a little interesting conversation with her. Kallie asks, "Mom, so you are the boss of me." I reply "yes that's right." Kallie confused a little says " well then, who is the boss of you?" I simply hesitate a bit and say "God... He is the boss of everything, Heavenly Father created us and every living thing."

She really made me ponder that anwser. About truly not being the boss. How few things we have control over.

Thankfully, she hasn't picked up on my deep thoughts. She still believes the old concept.

So, after dinner followed by 2 different desserts. We start our nightly bed time routine with the girls. Meanwhile, Jim grabs an ice cream sandwich out of the fridge and starts to indulge. Brook is quick to say, "Daddy, why do you get to have that?" Without missing a beat Kallie chimes in, "Because, He is the Boss!"

I truly love my family and our big sweet tooth!

9 comments:

Ammon and Tasha said...

LOL - just let the girls know that daddy THINKS he is the boss but we all know who really is the boss in every household!!! :)

Beck said...

I was totally thinking you were going to say "Daddy is the boss of me" when Kallie asked you. Your answer was so cute. I love it when kids catch us off guard with a random question but somehow we pull it off with the most amazing answers...why? BC we are the boss. haha!

Lillie said...

Sophia hasn't gotten there yet--- I'll have to keep this in mind when she finally NOTICES that I sneak cookies all day when she gets like half of one and that's usually for a bribe. Poor thing. But I'm the boss. Love it.

Audry said...

I love it when my kids ask simple thought provoking questions.

Mike and Shelby said...

I want that title in my house!

Sarah said...

so funny, and cute! kids are awesome!

Natalie said...

I need to use that line. I am constantly getting asked "why". Now I have the perfect answer.

Jenie said...

My favorite is when the kids tell me I'm the boss when Cody's not home and then it totally changes when he's here. Bailey even wrote in my birthday card that she really knows that I'm the boss and then she put in paranthesis (don't tell dad). :) That cracked me up. I hope everything is going well for everyone back there. Let me know how you're doing! Fun to catch up!

Christy said...

That is funny. Kids are so funny with the things they want to know.