Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Babysitter !?!

Toys are all over the house. Piles of dirty laundry are scattered through out the kitchen floor. Still no shower after my workout earlier.

So I attempt to clean up the toys and start laundry with Blake at my heels. As much as I love chasing Blake around the house and cleaning at the same time, I just can't do it all by myself.

"NO, NO, Baby! Don't touch, Don't eat, AHH" Just a few phrases to say the least.

Cleaning, It's just not happening today!

I am a little discouraged and frustrated. A brilliant idea comes to my mind. I can call upon my trusted 5 year old to help save the day. Meanwhile, Kallie is already playing upstairs in the play room. (where the only place in the house the gate fits) So I shout up to the top of the stairs, "Kallie, Can Blake come and play with you in the playroom?" Hesitantly, Kallie replies, "sure Mom, I guess so!"

I am thinking to myself, sweet a babysitter. I can finally get some stuff done.

It was about 2 minutes later after taking on Blake. Kallie comes down stairs, she stressfully looks up at me and states, "Mom, I am not a babysitter!"

She read my mind! I giggle and say, "No, but you are a great big sister."
Unfortanetly, Kallie didn't want to babysit. But luckily it wasn't long before he fell asleep for his nap. So I could finally clean up the toys, start laundry and take a shower.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like my home! I pay Anna 25 cents every 15 minutes and she LOVES it! I pay her in nickles, so it looks like a lot of money.

She doesn't last too long, but then I get Ellie to babysit. And she's really cheap! Just pennies... :)

Beck said...

That is too cute. It sucks how freakin smart our 5 year olds are! You should offer her like a quarter everytime she "babysits" Blake. I bet she would totally dig that.

Beck said...

OK so I thought I was thinking of this brilliant advice to give you...and then after I posted my comment I read Julie's. So yeah no help from little sis. Sorry :(

Kendyl said...

Too funny...Kallie's a smart girl!

Audry said...

That is too cute! She's a smart one. Glad to see that I'm not the only one who tries to use their(mines 41/2) 5 year old as a baby sitter. :)

La Ron said...

Kallie fugured out your plan so fast. How cute. Paying her would probally work great and well worth the $$$$$$$$.

Mike and Shelby said...

Sorry your "babysitter" didn't work out. May be worth the investment of a few nickles and dimes...or 3 oreos, an ice cream sandwich and title of "The Boss" for an hour?!?!

Jenie said...

I've waited a long time, but I've finally gotten a babysitter, but she's a lot more expensive. I think I'll try Carson. :)