Saturday, January 31, 2009

Hamm.burr.ggeerrr!!



Brooklyn has always been a good talker. She has been talking since age one it seems like.

Everyone always told me, "Wow, she is really young to be speaking so well!"

She has never NOT been able to pronounce a word until this past week. It was pretty funny and I have to share it cuz it reminds me of The Pink Panther movie, when Steve Martin tries to pronounce HAMBURGER. I laugh everytime.

So this past week. I don't know how it got brought up, but Brooklyn said, "I have Hamburgers?" (pointing to her nose)

I giggle a little and say, "No, Brook not Hamburgers, Boogers!" Don't ask me how she mixes those two up. So then Kallie chimes in and starts to correct her also. Yet she still does not get it.

The next day. I am coming out of my bedroom and I over hear Kallie helping Brooklyn. "No Brooklyn not Hammburrrgeerrr. BOOGER!"
Brooklyn, "Hamburger?"
Kallie, "No Booger"
Brooklyn, "BO -OG- ER!"
Kallie, "yeah, Booger!"

Finally, after a few days she gets it. It was pretty funny and very Insp. Jacques Clouseau of her.

5 comments:

Ammon and Tasha said...

Ha ha that is awesome! it would be funny if you went out to eat and she ordered boogers instead of hamburger since she gets them mixed up! :) such a cute little gal!

Anonymous said...

I love it. Miss all those cute girls (and boy of course!).

Beck said...

I love that! The title totally makes you say hamburger just like Steve Martin in the movie. :) haha!

Mike and Shelby said...

THAT IS SO CUTE. LAUREN USED TO CALL BOOGERS, "CHEESEBURGERS." GUESS IT JUST SOUNDS SO SIMILAR!

Luvnbnamom said...

I am so glad you found my blog! Okay...your blog is adorable too! That is the cutest story! Kids can say some of the funniest things and the killer is they dont even know they are being funny! lol BTW I cant believe your husband made that bed! Its awesome!