Sunday, November 2, 2008

Maui! So Awesome!!


Jim and I got to go to Maui for 10 days with Jim's familiy. By the way did I mention, NO Kids! Although, they were missed. We had a blast! It was so relaxing laying on lounge chairs reading, laying out, shopping, surfing, snorkeling, parasailing, and much much more. This post is pretty long already, but I pretty much summed up the whole trip with pictures.


View from our hotel room.


You can't be by the ocean and not surf! We rented some long boards and had a blast. The water in Maui is so warm. Not to mention I got up quit a few times. Had some nice rides. It was fun.
Yes that is Jim doing the head stand!! He is amazing!!






Snuba and snorkeling at the Molokini Crater was the highlight of this trip. It's out in the middle of nowhere, this sunken volcano. The water was so clear and beautiful, it was hard to get out. It was like snorkeling in a swimming pool. Really amazing water!! Well worth the sick feeling we all got from the boat ride out there.












It was so cold on the boat. Brrr! Didn't help I was sunburned.


This Honolua bay was amazing snorkeling also.



Just hanging out.




Parasailing was a blast!





Date night on the boardwalk.






Last stop before heading to the airport. It was so beautiful and green, but it was also chilly and misty, cuz it doesn't rain there. It mists. It was way cool.



Hawaii has the best sunsets! The whole trip was so much fun. It was hard to leave Paradise!

22 comments:

Ammon and Tasha said...

How freaking fun!! That looks like a blast!!

Sara Liechty said...

That looks like so much fun. I've been to Hawaii once with kids. It was still amazing. We got scuba certified 3 years ago. I love diving. It's such a rush and so amazing under the water. I'm so glad you got to Snuba!

Audry said...

Looks like a lot of fun. Without kids is the best. You enjoy yourself in such a different way.

Beck said...

Megan what a fun post. I loved all of your pictures. That must have been so hard to leave and come back to reality. But at least Alli is here to make things more exciting. So maybe when the kids are better we can actually start hanging out again :) I miss you!

p.s. I LOVE the picture of you kissing Jim and your both wearing white. You have got yourself a new display pic for Facebook. haha!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That looks like a great time. Glad you had fun! Chicago, Maui. . . you guys are livin' it up! Good for you!

Holly Moore said...

Oh my gosh, I was just in Oahu for 10 days! We barely missed each other. (=

Lillie said...

I am SOOOOOOO jealous. I am so ready for a kid-free trip right now. Great pictures... you look gorgeous as always. I think of you like every day at the gym (ok well every day that I GO to the gym...) Miss you and those girls!

Oh and I'm sure I'd miss your little man too if we'd ever gotten to play with him. :)

D3AB said...

I love Hawaii! You really can't do Hawaii right unless you can do it once with no kids. I have never been to the Maui island, it looks super pretty and fun. I am so glad you guys went. Dayna

La Ron said...

Two trips in one month with out kids. You are my hero. And not to mention to one of the most beautiful places. I love the picture of you and Jim's feet on the hammock. That kind of sums up a trip with no kids because you wouldn't be there relaxing on a hammock with the little ones running around. Where are you guys going next?????

Casey Jensen said...

Okay so that sunset is to die for! Wow. I can't wait until I can make it to Hawaii one day! I am so glad that you and Jim were able to go. I've been checking your blog waiting for the Hawaii pics. Love them all.

Mike and Shelby said...

What a fun trip. 10 days with my hubby without kids (hawaii or not) sounds good to me! You got some beautiful pictures too.

Just the Seven of Us said...

So, so, so very lucky!!! It's been a while! You guys look great! It was so fun to see an updated Daly family picture. Jim you're old! Your family is growing up - and your parents look fantastic!!! Your kids are so cute - wish we were closer and could hang out!

Lori said...

What an awesome trip!

Steve.Jeana.Preston said...

I am so jealous! The pics are amazing and make me want to go there SOOOO bad! There's no place like Maui..There's no place like Maui...:0)

Welcome home!

Natalie said...

I'm totally jealous! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Are you going to do that class at the church?

Steve.Jeana.Preston said...

You, Tasha and Becky make me laugh! Here's what we are going to do..as soon as HSM3 comes out on DVD we are going to rent it and watch it together:0)

Sarah said...

wow...warmth.

you guys are always doing something so fun...a little jealousy happening:)

Natalie said...

Megan, sorry I didn't make it this morning. I am going to be out late tonight, so I didn't want to get up early...I'm planning on Tuesday, though. I love the class!

Shea said...

Hi Megan! I found your blog through Lillie Biesinger. Love the pics! You guys look great! Our blog is: jeffnshea.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I am so freekin' jealous - what a fun trip!

Nikki said...

look how fun your trip was!!! Jealous!

Katie Morgan said...

Jealous!! My husband suprised me for my 30th birthday (2 years ago) and took me to Hawaii. We did a cruise around the hawaiian islands. By far the best trip I've ever been on. We did the turtle arches and molokini island thing also. We actually saw a shark at molokini island. Kinda creepy but cool. Glad you guys had a good time.